View Single Post
      12-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by minicrazy592 View Post
As a previous owner of a 2004 X3 for 6 years, I will say this, the new X3 is no longer a X3. It is essentially a baby X5.

What I loved about the old X3 is gone. It's simple interior, its stout ride (soccer moms complain all you want), its willingness to please in the corners, and most importantly A MANUAL TRANSMISSION!

BMW truly lost a niche when they dropped that. All of this new "BMW" has put a sour taste in my mouth. As result I'm done. I most likely never buy a new BMW again. In fact my X3's replacement, my E90 will be gone soon.

BMW can call me when you make cars like the E46 or E83 again, then and only then will I return.

As for the reviewers, including the ones in this article, all of the things you mentioned as not being "BMW" in the old X3, you are quite mistaken.....
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your future rides. On a side note, the things you are complaining about will probably be on the new x1.

With that said, I'm trying to convince my gf to buy a x3 with the n55. Can you imagine a x3 with 400hp!!