View Single Post
      03-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

If you look at the pictures of this Vermillion Red X3 prototype look closer at the front of the car especially at the licence plate holder you can see areas of the front bumper completely masked in black tape giving the impression that the front is all plastic.
When in fact there is more painted areas with the central section following form with the X1 and X5 with a black finish.

So far on film it looks like a mini-X5 and it has the same aura , the wheels will also be available as two-tone rims that feature with the X1 and now the X5 but in a new X3 specific design. Optional wheels will go to 20" in size.
Interior quality has leapfrogged the current E83 X3 with higher quality materials and build quality on a par with the new 5er.

And look at that sloping roof indicating that underneath the more dynamic appearance lies a new sporting character than the previous car , The new BMW X3 will undeline it's new dynamic character with a Powerful twin power 3.0 Turbo petrol engine badged as X3xDrive35i . Customers in Europe will be given the X3xDrive40d , US cutomers are expected to receive the current US and state compliant diesel found within the X5xDrive35d. European customers will be given the choice of the following models X3 xDrive 23i ,X3 xDrive28i , X3xDrive 35i and in diesel specification- X3 xDrive20d , X3xDrive2.5d , X3xDrive30d and X3xDrive40d. US cutomers will be offered X3xDrive28i and X3xDrive35i and initially X3xDrive35d.

The new BMW X3 will be unveiled in June with the World Premiere taking place at the "Mondial-Auto" in Paris this October.
Sales begin late October.

Last edited by SCOTT26; 03-27-2010 at 03:41 PM..
Appreciate 0