Thread: UK Orders
View Single Post
      03-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #1315
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Yes, company would be nice ... and yes, even better if they both move forwards ...

I guess it’s easy to say, but my philosophy was "in for a penny, in for a pound" ... makes choosing much easier!

If I could have had the PCD … I would have done that too!

Having driven a manual car, and then moved to an auto ... I would never go back ... especially living in London.

When it comes to Sat Nav, I always end up using my Tom Tom in my wife's 135i ... but that’s mostly because hers didn't come with full post code ... but that’s being fixed this Friday ... at outrageous expense I might add :-(

That said, there is something nice about an integrated solution, so I went for the Pro system in my new X3.

But yes, I share your dilemma, when you start to think of the cost it becomes much harder ...

… in fact I think I have taken almost everything, including the Speed Limit Info on the MY2013.

The exceptions being:

Cargo Net
Mobile Application Preparation (Which as I understand it is only to allow Facebook and Twitter integration into iDrive)
Lane Departure Warning (MY2013)

I know that a sensible person should be considering residual values etc. … but judging by my previous car, it will be 10 years old and trashed before I change it!

Last time I looked in the mirror I had “Mug” stamped on my forehead

… but for sure I will enjoy my car with no regrets (other than the lightness of my wallet).

Can’t possibly comment on colour … I am struggling with that …

However my thought process goes as follows …

My wife wants white … and so the inside needs to be black … job done!

But seriously … looking at the white vs. black, I like the way the black highlights show up against the white, where everything becomes a black hole when the car is black.

Suggestions of shades of grey made life complicated … and I do love the beige interior …

But wife and mother veto … so the decision is made!

I started a blog on http://x3orevoque.co.uk … and when I get my car I will review and chronicle all the features and maybe it will help future purchases …

Last edited by Horsey; 03-07-2012 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 0