12-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #1137
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebag View Post
already downloaded the app that lets me flash my lights or lock the car! the car also downloaded the latest software update too???? I thought it was only dealers that could do this.
No, there are different types of updates. You have just downloaded the update for external devices I assume (as per .bin update file thread). A full update takes a long time and requires a complete O/S re-install and can't be done by anyone except the dealer or someone with some sophisticated kit. You can't see the actual car software version without a key reader but it's in the format engine-year-month-version e.g. F025–10–12–503 where F025 is for F25, 10 is 2010 and 12 is December (this is my old actual version number before it was updated at the dealer - I needed an update for 6NR). This version number is not the same as what you see under software update on iDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebag View Post
Just gonna have a fiddle now to get used to my Internet and Apps and I know its vain but HOW BRILLIANT are the angel eyes when Auto lights are deselected!!!!
Angel eyes are still awesome to me when I see them now despite owning my X3 for nearly a year already. Must have options are subjective but xenons are an absolute must IMHO

Enjoy. And, er,

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0