View Single Post
      04-09-2016, 02:49 AM   #3
Nham68
Private
England
Rep
Drives: M340i touring

4 weeks ago I went from an f31 3.0d msport with adaptive to an f25 3.0 msport with sports suspension and no VDC. I was worried, but it's absolutely fine now the car has settled in : first 500 miles (new car) was very twitchy, I got very worried and car felt nervous / every little bump came into cabin / felt on edge etc - now is very good - I presume the springs softened a touch and also tyres bedded in (running Pirello P0 run flats on 20").

It is firm, no doubt, but I find it about on par with the f31 (with adaptive) when going over potholes or bad road surfaces. Road noise is much better in the f25 also. Handling cannot be compared as cars are so different , though f25 handles very well for its height .

Chalk and cheese. F25 isn't as agile and the adaptive (VDC) on f31 made what I considered a compromised ride quality on f31 much better : f25 doesn't have compromised ride quality in the first place imho.

Hope it helps ... Also consider though what kind of ride you like. I like a firm ride and to feel the road .. So my views are biased in that way. If you like to be insulated , then VDC is probably a good option.

Cheers John
Appreciate 0