Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
2013 BMW X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnZero View Post
Sounds great, I was thinking about doing the same but didn't know coding could fix that. I've already coded all the other features I want, so doing this too wouldn't be a big deal. Definitely post up your results.

The other thing to check would be the cold-diagnosis. Basically even when the lights aren't on the body computer sends very quick, low-voltage pulses to the bulbs to check and see if they are there and not burnt out. With normal bulbs you can't see these pulses but with LEDs you can see them flashing even when they are supposed to be off. I would think if you disable this in the computer it wouldn't do it, but check to make sure.
Return Zero, I think I have coded out both the warm and cold checks. But there might be others and I can't do any more checks until I get my new bulbs.
If you have the time and patience all the coding I have found/done is in the FRM module. There are eleven coding lines for each bulb those coding lines all begin with AUSG_(00 thru 35). I used info from other forums, Google Translate and my own analysis to determine which lines I needed to change (I have not figured out all the bulbs yet but I did get the ones I needed). Most bulbs have a 2 or 3 letter designation followed by L or R (left/right), HL/HR (rear left/rear right) or VL/VR (front left/front right). Here are the codes I have researched: NSW (Front Fog Light), NSL (Rear Fog Light), BL (Brake Light), FRA (Turn Signal), RFS (Reverse Light). There are many I have not deciphered but I believe WBL are the Rear LED Strips on HID equipped F25's. There is also a code line for each bulb (XX_IS LED) which may also need to be changed. If you work this and learn anything please post as I see this as a group effort!
Appreciate 0