United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F25er View Post
With all due respect most of you think you know what "invoice" is and few of you actually do. I'm quite fed up with this boasting. Due to the vagueness of this method and the ambiguity of actual "invoice" or dealer cost I propose a more accurate and transparent method where everyone can make apples to apples comparisons;

1 calculate the exact MSRP of YOUR model as equipped and report to forum.

2 report to the forum the exact $$$ discount and calculate the resultant percentage discount.

This method is crystal clear without the nonsensical B.S. about "invoice". I'm quite sure no dealer will lose money for you. If you can't follow the above simple method don't waste time posting about your "great deal".
I doubt anyone here is naive enough to think that the dollar difference between invoice and the price someone pays for their car is the profit the dealer makes. Dealer holdback, monthly and quarterly incentives, plus all the extras they include on the contract such as DMV, window etching, paperwork fees, extended warrantees, are all more money makers for the dealer.

The reason People like to discuss cost over invoice is because it's a simpler way of calculating the deal. Invoice prices are readily available all over the Internet.
Appreciate 0