View Single Post
      11-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #21
5mph
Rep
Drives: X3

Beige Interior and Stainless steel protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrisryanc View Post
Yeah, let us know how the bumper protector works. I'd order one, but after international shipping and customs, it might not be worth it. Anyone know of something like this bumper protector from a US company/distributor?
Stainless Steel Protector
Works really well. They look exactly like the photos in the link I posted, just covers the edge (where I got all the scratches on my last X3). Easy to fit, I put a few bits of masking tape to guide the edges, glad I did since the glue on the foam strip is very strong, fixed as soon as touches.

Beige Interior
My cock up, I didnt check before ordering just assumed it was the same as last X3 which is beige throughout. No the idiots at BMW stuck black in bits of the boot, floor, sides and back of rear seat. Looks stupid, as if they had run out of beige material on the production line and just grabbed what was to hand. Makes it look cheap. But like the last X3 a lot of the materials inside are fairly downmarket. The Audi and the Jaguar both cost the same as the X3 ($60K in UK for 20dSE) but both are much better quality. BMW might be better technically, but its not built as well.
Appreciate 0