View Single Post
      10-09-2018, 10:34 AM   #2
mbbx5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x5

After clearing the codes the car worked for about a month and then the problem came back.

The mechatronic repair kits were out of stock and had to wait a few weeks which I didnt have.

I decided to try a used mechatronic and it worked. FYI if anyone has to do this in the future it is possible to use a salvaged mechatronic unit on a ZF8. After installing the unit I coded and programmed with ISTAP. After programming there were no diagnostic codes but the car would not shift out of park. The reason was because there is an ISN security code in the mechatronic (EGS module). To get around that I used a CGDI bmw programmer with the clear egs ISN authorization. After running the clear ISN function the used module is returned to new or virgin state and your car will automatically sync it up next time you start the car. All is good now. The only thing I would do differently in the future is not use ISTA/P. I would go with a different tool that allows you to work on just the module in question. With Ista I had to bring the whole car up to the current I level.
Appreciate 0