View Single Post
      03-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #63
torzeck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2020 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldyboy30
To me evoque is like a new sexy girlfriend , who you'll love until you sleep with her few times. But X3 is like a girl who you want to marry and have her for rest of your life.
Totally agree and the evoque is beautiful.I'd also add this is a BMW x3 forum so as owners, we may certainly be biased.

I'd also add:
-that the evoque is an odd mix of parts with its Ford motor and how long will that be supplied? I doubt it's as good as the bmw turbo 4.

- it's a little fancy, putting form way ahead of function. Reallly nice Barbie car.

- remember, you're also buying the company that is building the car. While TaTa may be great, they may also get tired of LR the way BMW and Ford has.

- finally , the evoque's promo videos that i've seen, push it towards luxury first. The one with Gerry McGovern ( i think thats his name), the design director, is horrific and sells the car as more a tool of snobbery. it's the marketing that's really turned me off. If RR's marketing referenced more of their storied history, had the performance I might have looked deeper.

I went to the early show and tell in Portland and the people there were a different breed. Way too ostentatious and I'd say bordering on second or third generation useless - living off someone else's success.

I think most of us on this forum buy BMW for the performance and quality of the engineering.

Good luck with your decision.

Last edited by torzeck; 03-18-2012 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: Originally posted on iPhone, filled with more typos.
Appreciate 0