03-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #59
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren View Post
Shouldn't have cheeped out with the lower end model when you bought it if that was important to you.
Yes ... wasn't so much cheeped out as not aware of the differences ... was my first 4x4 and I didn't know better ... bought it second hand ... I think everything about the purchase was wrong ... petrol not diesel, Quadra-Trac instead of Quadra-Drive ... blah blah blah ... but it has served me well for 10 years.

Would have been nice to know what a higher spec Jeep could do ... but my wife wouldn't let me buy another now ...

I would love a mud loving 4x4 ... but honestly I would need it 5-10 days a year and honestly I am not entirely sure I would want to expose a brand new car to the sort of environment where my "cheap and crappy" Jeep would get stuck ...

As has been said a trillion times, realistically we spend most of our time on the tarmac, and here the X3 excels in performance and economy while maintiaing a 4x4 esk poise, and so realistically I think the X3 suits my more general needs superlatively.
Appreciate 0