View Single Post
      03-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #48
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

Although it’s a minority, I find the polarisation over views between Evoque-philes and X3 philes is quite disturbing at times.

It’s curious to see the previous Evoque or X3 thread seemed to be less emotive.

Until this latest thread, and the one on lowering an X3, I was super impressed about the collective and balanced community in the forum who didn’t get its hackles up at a difference of opinion … but coupled with the loss of Lotus7, sadly now I am a bit more disillusioned about some elements of the community … especially when confrontational elements emerge and people feel the need to take sides.

But I guess one has to remember it takes all sorts …

I for one truly respect balanced views from either side, and I recognise the great contribution that Evoque is making.

For sure, many people have and will find it their perfect and car, and like all cars, BMW X3 included, it is bound to have its share of problems.

At least to their credit Land Rover recognise that quality issues are a problem and time will tell if they are making progress in the future.

For good reason, at the start I coveted having an Evoque, and there are many reasons to praise it.

Had I not tried the X3 I would have most certainly bought an Evoque.

But sadly, for my taste, in the end I found it much too cramped, under powered, having apparently poor brakes, limited visibility and with an entertainment system/nav whose UI responsiveness was woefully sluggish.

When I test drove the X3 35D I was blown away, and that alone sold it to me …

And now I am delighted not to have purchased an Evoque, and I am really excited about my X3 order … BUT … I still respect the Evoque and find that denigrating it does nothing good for anyone’s credibility.

At least, if the news reports are correct, there is another positive feature about the Evoque and that is its positive contribution to British manufacturing.

In this regard I am delighted for Jaguar Land Rover … although I don’t know much about how being owned by Tata means in that respect.

Peace and good will to all cars.
Appreciate 0