View Single Post
      12-27-2015, 09:10 AM   #3
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bs View Post
My wife ran over a curb during some nasty weather yesterday, and I'm trying to do a quick check of alignment, but I can't seem to find the factory specs anywhere. Anybody who has had an alignment done recently got a report showing the target specs?

No vibration, so I don't think she bent a wheel, and no blistering on the new Michelins. Steering wheel slightly off center, but I don't drive the car often enough to remember if it has always been that way.

'12 X3 35i M-Sport, if it makes a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalle View Post
Since nobody with an X3 seem to have time, I will give you some X4 35i data - handy since I had a re-alignment due to lowered vehicle. I believe same chassis. If you are within 10% of nominal values you should be OK.

Also: someone doing alignments should have BMW data, but I gather you will do your own check.

Nominal values:

Note: ¤=degree
------ Front - -- Rear
Toe: +0¤06` +0¤12`
Camber: -0¤20` -1¤30`

To mine mind those are the important ones.

Remarks
-mine had a little toe out front, which I did not notice. Very small angles.
-rear camber is significant and will probably have an impact on steering/handling.
My GF has a X3 35i that is being delivered via Performance Center.

When we need to do an alignment on that, I'll do another write up. I've done my own alignments: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1171025

There may be a bit involved with the preparation for the alignment such as properly loading the vehicle.
Appreciate 1