View Single Post
      06-09-2015, 03:25 AM   #3
zalagan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 2.0D Xline

Yes it is possible, the standard rails will unbolt (you may have to break some plastic covers to access torx bolts) but there are new parts that aren't immediately obvious - like the different shaped storage cover (load area carpet / reversible cover) - which are very expensive.

Take a look at Realoem section 51.47 - you'll need rails, lashing eyes, a new floor and handle - look at everything that gets replaced with option S439A

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=51_8212

I considered this but gave up as far too expensive and ordered my new X3 with S439A - mainly because I wanted the extra glove compartment under the light switch

However, I'm not impressed with the S439A lashing eyes or rails - the eye is made of very thick metal and the BMW nets wont hook on to them. You also can't position an eye at the very back of the rails - exactly where the nets and the plastic load liner are designed to work with the standard set-up.

I'd stick with what you have and go for an external bike carrier - I use a thule 3 / 4 bike carrier mounted on the tow ball or thule roof-mounted carriers

Last edited by zalagan; 06-09-2015 at 03:35 AM..
Appreciate 0