Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
You may be surprised that you do have the "Separate sheet", but don't know where it is. The "separate sheet" is actually stored in one of the fuse blocks, but you'd never know it from the material supplied with the car.

The X3 has (2) fuse blocks:

Fuse Block #1 is behind the glove box and is accessed through the removable panel at the far right at the back of the open glove box. The fuses are (5) or (6) inches behind the back of the glove box and will probably take someone with a very thin wrist or better yet, a surgical forceps or very long nose pliers to change. This fuse block houses fuses Nos. 1 through No. 67.

Fuse Block No. 2 is housed in the right rear fender. To access it you must remove the small right rear storage cover (pull firmly on the black hand hold). Then you must remove the plastic "push rivet" at the rear of the insulation cover. Pry the center pin out with a screwdriver or small knife, and then completely remove the plastic "rivet". Then simply roll the insulation cover forward and you will find the fuse block.
Fuse block No. 2 houses fuses Nos. 100 to No. 204.

The sheet listing the fuse locations for BOTH fuse blocks is folded and stored in a slot at the bottom of the fuse block (No. 2).

I've looked at mine and it appears that the 12V. power outlets are actually fused by (7) different fuses!.

According to the diagram, fuses number 1, 54, 65, 143, 144, 171, and 176 can affect one or more of the power outlets.

I suspect the only way to find out which fuse is blown will be to remove the listed ones and check them with an ohmmeter. I'd certainly start with the ones in the Fuse Block No. 2, just because they're much easier to get at.

I’m attaching images of both sides of the fuse list so you can study it before digging in. Good Luck.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very, very much for the DIY
I tried the trunk first, found the sheet with the diagram you posted
Of course it wasn't one of the easy ones

It was fuse 54, for future reference
Of course I could not get my hands in the tiny slot in the back of the glove compartment,
So I had to take out the entire glovebox
But got it in the end

Thanks again