shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
...I am following the "Getting Started" pdf that came with the software BUT it was written for version 3.18.4 and the E-sys that I have is version 3.27.1 so most of the options are different... for instance, it tells me to "Select CADF and then select Read Coding Data" but in my version it looks different than the screenshot, and the option is not there.....
"Most of the options are different"?

E-Sys 3.27.1 is almost entirely the same as 3.23.4. The main difference is the Read VCM button was renamed to Read ECU. Other than that, I can't think of a single significant difference between the two.

"Step 11: Select CADF (only one with a green Check mark) file under the module you want to read and select “Read Coding Data" is same process for both versions, and nothing about the related picture from 3.24.3 should be any different than 3.27.1.

What are you seeing in the picture that is different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchamero View Post
...IS there any kind of beginners guide for version 3.27.1? I am an IT guy and have done similar coding before, but it is my first time with BMW and E-Sys and I am lost...
No, there is no other Guide. It has never been needed nor suggested before.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0