07-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #16
GlazierGlaze
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Audi RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
I like how someone with 400 a month won't consider anything but the M package. Anyway good luck with that. If you have 400 a month get something new for 20k. If she is your fiancée you will be paying the payments soon enough. 35k car is more than 400 a month with a five year loan. I can't imagine the insanity of getting a 6 year loan on a BMW that is 3+ years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone puts money down.

Your effective monthly payment over the course of the term should include all monies paid or you're just deluding yourself.

We ended up purchasing a 2014 AW X3 M Sport, financed for 5 years at about $500 with CPO, and 20K miles. Has every package included, and 1 previous owner.

In regards to the above, I am surprised by the nature of the responses. I never said she couldn't pay more, I said we would like to keep it near $400. She does not believe in paying $800+ for a car payment if shes planning to keep it for a while. I'd say for 26, having an X3 and M4 in the garage of a new house, we're doing just fine with our "budget." atomic you sound like the salesman that essentially said I was too poor for a BMW because I refused to be railroaded on my trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chette09 View Post
With proper negotiation you can possibly get close. I put 4K down on. 17 x3 35i fully loaded m sport and all. Lease payments are 645 a month including taxes.
We actually got really close on this, however the incentives just aren't there considering the X3 is in the final year of production for this particular model. Appreciate the input though.

Last edited by GlazierGlaze; 07-27-2016 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0