09-29-2014, 04:25 AM   #17
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovgren View Post
Very nice car! congrats!

I'm very interested in this X3 2015...but i still haven't had the chance to test drive it. how is this new b47 engine compared to your old 320d N47? i've read that it's smoother and vibrates less than the N47. Is the N47 clatter gone?

What could you tell us about the performance of the engine? Does the x3 feel agile with the 190 HP?

Thanks.
Well I've only done 200 miles it in so far (liftshare to work with 2 other guys) and taking it nice and easy at the moment.

My previous car was a 2010 320d Efficient Dynamics model - so a bit tuned down from the standard 320d edition. Saying that, the I didn't really notice a lot of vibration but then again you stop noticing stuff after a while.

Been driving the X3 in Eco mode, with a couple of shifts into Sports for some overtaking experiments The manual gearbox feels smooth and haven't really observed any obvious engine 'clatter'. Overall it feels like a nice evolution from the 320d. Certainly don't miss the ride height of the previous car - and associated scraping of the underside when trying to get on the driveway !

Would recommend you get a test drive done though (although I didn't bother) as this is a serious commitment.

The only other LCI I've seem was in Alpine White and looked fantastic. Had already ordered the silver though and didn't want to change at a late stage. Very happy with my choice still.

Thought about the black but felt it might look like a hearse or something out of a gangster movie. The silver seems a happy balance and goes well with the XLine trim enhancements.

Ordered the wife a Golf R in black though - won't be washing it mind you!
Appreciate 0