07-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #55
Rich4
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 30d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alligator69 View Post
Oh well, didn't you expect such differences with a 4x4 "cube-form" heavier car? I believe that considering the massive amount of weight with respect to my previous 320d, adding the all-wheel drive, plus such a penalizing form factor for aerodynamics, the car still has a lot of stamina. You should have gone for the 3.0d!
You are right, I would have liked the extra power but at the time there were no 3.0d demonstrators and if there were it would have been hard to justify the additional cost so 2.0d was my choice. Anyway, that would not have solved the problems mentioned which are unconnected with engine size or weight of car, but purely the ‘driveability’ factor mainly the vague steering and throttle lag to name just two.
I put the blame on the introduction of DPC - Drive Performance Control coming in as a standard fitment effective from production week 14 – 1st April – ha, ha, (April fools) which dumbed down certain parameters and therefore the normal feeling of the car, from what I assume was available before that on earlier models, when there was no comfort/sport/eco mode fitted as standard. I am quite satisfied with the performance aspects of the 2.0d, and yes, 3.0d would have been nice, but the ‘default’ feel of the car should be what one now gets in sport mode, and not a vague and aimless wondering about that the so-called comfort mode gives.
Appreciate 0