View Single Post
      12-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #2323
rcipriano
Registered
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Cheers Yeltzer. So we can conclude that dealers are still totally clueless and unreliable and the BMW website is still inaccurate and out of date.

This may also mean that April 2013 production is still on for X3s with the new iDrive
Sorry no offence, but I won't be so sure.

If you read all these post about the new iDrive, sometime i think that the "new" iDrive is the "old" iDrive..so they are talking about the 609 (which is capable for 3D mapping, real traffic information, faster than the previous one and so on)

In fact, the main new features that the "new" will have that are not in the current 609 is touch capability and LTE support and again I have not read in any single post where these features are showed..

By the way, I asked my dealer for further clarification and he wrote me the following:

The navigation system has had a Major update this year, BMW have not mentioned anything about software or hardware updates at this point. From my experience I do think they would update this year with a major overhaul next year.

If I do here anything I will keep you posted, but as I said we have not heard anything from BMW regarding the updates

Important point is that in "this year" we are in December so I guess he got confused and he is expecting a update in 2013 and a major overhaul in 2014??

Cheers!
Appreciate 0