10-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #85
watoowatoo
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 35i X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCSUk153 View Post
Well as long as you know it wasn't copied from BMW as you had mentioned that BMW did the R&D on it and Audi doesn't do any R&D. Audi is part of VAG as you know and many components are shared maybe even too many which I don't like but I guess that is part of the finance part. This happens because Audi is not yet as large as BMW but once they get up there they will be able to do less platform sharing in my opinion. I think if too much of it goes on it will end up like the American manufacturers.
Again can you show me some of these reviews comparing the sh-awd vs the DPC that you are talking about. I am not talking reviews of the x6/x6m vs an MDX but of the AWD capabilities of both that you are talking about.
I have mentioned advantages of DPC+xDrive over SH-AWD in my last post.
"While SH-AWD only works on the rear axle of a normally front-drive vehicle, new systems from automotive suppliers Ricardo in Britain and ZF in Germany can vector torque to all four tires simultaneously."
Take a look at:http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/4225886
Still AWD capabilities are a result of whole dynamics of the car not just one system. You wouldn't want to compare Acura with BMW in that sense.(X6 vs MDX). I ride X6 in Canadian winters and I can tell you xDrive in X6 is just amazing.
Appreciate 0