10-27-2010, 12:40 AM   #81
watoowatoo
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 35i X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexK View Post
How exactly did you determine that? What did you mean by "effective"?
"Unlike the Acura system, need is determined on the basis of yaw instead of wheelspin, and DPC operates by clutches, so engagement is constant rather than throttle-dependent." So it works even off-throttle and acts more like LSD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCSUk153 View Post
Show me where you have the SH-AWD is not as good as X6M DPC?
Even if the X6 had the DPC in 08, you think Audi can just copy the same system? You ever heard of patents? Also if you think that Audi can copy this system and incorporate it into there S4 withing a years time frame you got to be crazy. If it was that simple Audi could have copied Porsche tech by early next year since they have now bought out Porsche. BMW could have also copied the R8 or produced their own supercar by just copying Bugatti or Ferrari.
Almost all reviews agree that X6 with DPC not only is better than SH-AWD but have set a new benchmark.
ZF is the manufacturer of this differential not BMW and sooner or later more brands will integrate it in their systems as Audi did. Ofcourse I didn't mean Audi copied it out of BMW ? The idea behind this concept is not new and was patented in 1930s and 70s. Even fwd Honda Prelude used it in 1997.

By the way Audi R8 is based on Gallardo, Porsche Cayenne shares chassis with VW Touareg and Audi Q7 ,Veyron's engine is based on VW VR6 engine. Cars do share components or ideas.
Sorry for lengthy reply.

Source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/10703294...n-detail/page1

Last edited by watoowatoo; 10-27-2010 at 12:48 AM..
Appreciate 0