Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

ianfp... you quoted and I repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfp View Post
I am pleased that you already knew all about it because due to the way your question was worded, I assumed that you didn't.
I asked the question because you made the broad statement earlier on which I have repeated below and I wanted to know where it came from. That is a newspaper and not a recognised source for information. The story was regenerated to sell more copies because of lack of news on that day.

Quote:
It will indeed be interesting to see what they do especially as there is a big anti-diesel lobby in the UK. Will BMW introduce petrol engines to the UK?
I repeat there is no big anti-diesel lobby. Just a vociferous minority who have an affiliation to the newspaper you quoted.

Also you must already know the BMW 4-series range features six engines. Petrol choices comprise the 181bhp 2.0-litre four-cylinder 420i, the 242bhp 2.0-litre four-cylinder 428i and the 302bhp 3.0-litre six-cylinder 435i.

I would suggest that if they wanted to put them in the X3 they would, but the diesel engined X3's in the UK are a market response to companies like Land Rover and also Audi who predominately use Diesels in their SUVs.

Now you say.

Quote:
What existing diesel owners (including myself) should be concerned about is the impact that this will have by way of punitive taxation on vehicles not using Adblue. Do you know if Adblue can be retrofitted to existing diesel engines? I do know that SCRs are very costly!

Back on track, petrol looks like the way forward!
Why are you asking such questions and then saying "Back on track"? This is being dismissive. Who says petrol is the way forward? Especially as even more manufacturers are now complying with EU6 for diesel engines.

So my statement to you, is if you do not want a response, please do not ask the question.

Thanks
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 0