10-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #18
997paul
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
Wow, that looks great!

I'd love to hear the exhaust. Can you post a video clip on youtube?

Was cutting the plastic bumper cover (to fit the exhaust) difficult?

Can you explain how the performance mods feel ... "seat of the pants"

tx
The best way to describe the exhaust would be deep as compared to loud. Standing outside the car on start up and idle it has a much deeper note. I personally thought oem sounded a little bit whiny. Under load at high revs foot to the floor with the windows closed the exhaust is still barely noticeable and there is no increased cabin vibration to complain about. With the windows open you can definitely hear it is much deeper and quite a bit louder than oem. Particularly sounds good through some of the long tunnels we have here in Tokyo. Glad i didn't get the race muffler which might have been too loud. Will try and hook up a camera to the bumper and take a video. I'd recommend a pro to cut the bumper unless you are particularly handy with the angle grinder. Also need to cut out the oem muffler as it is one piece.

The Hartge has completely changed how the car feels when you push it. Driving sedately and not in sport mode it feels about the same. Where it comes alive though is when you give it full throttle in sport mode. I haven't got a gauge to properly measure but it feels a lot quicker from a standing start to 100. It never felt slow to me stock but now it feels quick. In fact it feels very quick right from low in the rev range and particularly for such a big vehicle. Floor it when you are traveling at say 60km/h and there is a massive push you in the seat burst of power to 120km/h. I haven't had a big enough stretch of road yet to test past that speed but it had lot of power left on tap.

I'd definitely recommend the Hartge and Supersprint combination.
Appreciate 0