Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5against8
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive35i View Post
I had the 600 watt system in my 2011 X3 (wasn't branded Harman/Kardon but it's the same system) and I can tell you it gets better with time. I could crank the volume extremely loud and lose NOTHING. Highs are crisp, lows are full, and you don't lose too much bass when you lower the volume. I play my music very, very loud, and I promise that system delivers. I was never disappointed.
Is it the same? I have this as well and love it. Interesting because I was told that it wasn't the same (and not as good) as the HK that was being offered in 3s at the time. I can share my EQ settings if anyone wants (but then again EQ can be a matter of personal taste depending on what types of music you listen to.)
I believe I read in the press release for the LCI X3 that the system is largely the same, and that the only main difference is the Harman Kardon branding. Harman Kardon played a part in the pre-LCI and LCI systems. I can't find the link right now, but I remember there was one key difference. The upgrade still costs $875 (a bargain for a system like this).
Appreciate 0