10-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #11
firstbmwx5
First BMW Vehicle
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 35D

Garage List
2015 BMW X535d  [0.00]
Did the PCD for X3 28i in White also did the....

Hello All: My first post in the forum. I have been reading this forum for a long time and it has been a great insight. I ordered my X3 White in September for a pickup at the PDC. My date was 10/18. The write up which started this thread was spot on. It was a blast. I took the long way back to Lansing MI via Arkansas to visit a friend. I put on about 1,300 miles. I averaged almost 30 mpg based on mileage divided by gallons in the fuel tank. This exceeded my expectations as most of the mileage was done without cruise control on.

I also did something I had on my bucket list on the trip home. When my person was doing the review of the X3 with me, I mentioned I wanted to try the "Tail of the Dragon" or "Dragons Tail" on the way home. It is located in the NW corner of NC and SE corner of TN...highway 129. He went back to his desk and sent me a message via BMW assist to my X3. I had mail. It was the location of the starting point campground. I punched it into my Nav system and a great route was built. I always wanted to try this very twisty road during my previous motorcyling days but never made it. It is a great ride and I rode really good ones during my time in service the 70s out in San Diego, CA. It was a really interesting to do in the X3. It handled the curves really well. Since the turns are blind for the most part and the road unknown to me, I did not try it at the speeds we did at the PDC. Maybe next time I will try to do it at the speeds we were rolling at the test track........
Appreciate 0