View Single Post
      08-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #6
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

Looks like we have been talking apples and oranges somewhat. First, when I use the word "amps(?)", it meant amperes, not amplifiers. I assumed when you used the phrase "premium sound amp in the F25 does not provide enough DC power to properly use the auto turn " that you were looking for a "switched" 12dvc wire, not a speaker level signal. Speaker output is a AC with a DC bias current, NOT a DC current (try hooking a battery up to a speaker and see what happens). Therefore if your speaker level output or a switched 12dcv signal cannot power on the LC2i you probably should move on to either Technic's LOC or an amplifier that has speaker level inputs. I don't know the spec's of the LC2i, but if you wire it as described above, won't you be tapping off the harness from only one woofer output wire and not the other channel. If so, you maybe missing out on music information from one channel. So forget the relay suggestion and if you need to find a switched power source pull out a multi meter and start looking for antenna wire, cig. lighter or perhaps behind the fuse box.
Appreciate 0