View Single Post
      11-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #17
chx437
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3(G01)

It seems that I have some kind compulsion to change all bulbs to LED in my X3 ...and the flasher bulbs have been the most challenging:

So I ended up to build my own LED bulbs both for the front and rear flasher bulbs using BMW X3 spare parts as "base". The used LED components are Luxeon Rebel 132lm@700mA (amber colour) on a 10mm x 10mm metal plate. When using three such LEDs for one flasher bulb you get 390 lm which is adequate for the flasher use and one bulb then uses 6.4 wats (from which LEDs use roughly 5.9 watts). I have added parallel resistors to avoid the bulb monitoring errors, I placed the resistors in back under the side covers of the boot (where you get also good access to cabling towards the rear light assembly).

Figure 1 and 2 shows the bulb for the front flasher built on BMW spare part nr 63117287863 “Bulb socket, turn indicator" and figures 3 and 4 the bulb for rear flasher built on BMW spare part nr 63217288198 “Bulb socket, rear light side panel”.

My cars is the X3(F25) "european model" so for example the flasher bulbs are only for flasher use, they are never switched on continously ...and there may be some other differencies to the US model in addition...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0