View Single Post
      08-21-2011, 12:00 AM   #15
powertech83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
You are not the first customer to be frustrated by a XXX* sales person. It's not rocket science or brain surgery to study the sales literature of products one is representing. Unfortunately, it's not just car dealerships that employ incompetent sales staff. There seems to be little correlation of the cost of the product and the ability of the sales staff, the one exception possibly being Apple stores.

It’s a sign of the times and one can complain to the parent company’s “higher ups” (which I’ve done many times and which occasionally actually accomplishes something), but more often than not, makes one feel like a member of the Don Quixote Society.**

Sometimes it’s best to bite the bullet and “deal with it”.

*BMW, Mercedes Benz, Lexus, Infinity, Acura, Toyota, Honda, Subaru, etc. (Insert your brand here).

**Don Quixote: “Truly I was born to be an example of misfortune, and a target at which the arrows of adversary are aimed" (Book 2, Part 3).”
I guess it is because most salesperson is not really passionate about the products they sell. It's only a job for them, and to memorize all the details of the products is a chore. Probably chat around, busy with his/her blackberries, or fell asleep during a briefing for a new product the company just launched.

That said, not all of them are like that, it is a real pleasure if we shop around for cars and met a salesperson who is into cars him/herself.
Perhaps they should start doing some test like in school, about product knowledge, and whoever failed 3 times will be fired
Appreciate 0