06-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #16
Greg2010
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X1 sDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
These "millions" of cars (wonder why your examples are not passenger type vehicles?) with higher aftermarket tires, how do you know they're not within 3% of OEM specs? You're saying that there are that many at or above 5%?

Regardless, IMO you should have stated what I said at least since we're talking about a safety issue and potential damage to his car, if you're going to put your info out there to a noob who's looking for advice.

I'm sure some of the disclaimer is related to liability mitigation and if the risks are just damage to your own car, then do as you wish, but if it was to truly cause brake issues, and cause an accident, then that's another story.
Well, maybe I should have said that depending on the brand, changing tires on 19" OEM rims from 245/45/19 to 255/50/19 only raises the vehicle 0.5" above stock height, which is minimal in my book (does that help)?

As I said, take a look around at number of jeeps/trucks/SUVs that are raised several inches over OEM height (yes, over 5%) with no change of suspension or change to the OEM braking system...and as far as I know, there are no NHTSA rules or laws against it...and they still seem to pass the annual State safety inspection (mine included).

Perhaps its different in Canada (or wherever you are from)?

SOLD - 2013 X3 35i l BSM l MSport l DHP l Premium l Sound l Tech l CW/CWII l Apps l 35% Tint

SOLD - 2010 E92 335 X-drive l BSM l MSport l Steptronic l Premium l CW l Logic 7 l Confort l Nav l KW-V1s l 35% Tint
Appreciate 0