06-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #95
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhar View Post
What I'm not satisfied with BMW shows that I like it and hope BMW could have a better appearance. I really wish BMW is a perfect car without any defect. Unfortunately the welding problem really annoys me and give me an impression that BMW is cheaper than many cars whose price is lower than BMW.
Well I wouldn't exactly call jagged welding or sealant a defect but I guess different aspects of a car matter to different people.

Although some cheaper cars may do a better job at applying sealant or welding, this alone shouldn't be an indicator of the overall quality of a car. I remember a couple of months ago Hyundai was putting out ads where they were comparing their paint quality to Mercedes and having fake hidden cameras in their cars recording people test driving and saying how the car's like a MB. Whether Hyundai's paint is really that good is debatable the fact is a Hyundai is not a Mercedes, although they may have comparable paint to a MB other aspects such as handling, performance, and quality are not the same.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is although the welding might bug you and gives you an impression that the X3 seems cheap, just because a actual car that is cheap is better at one area such as welding, there's a good chance that for that one area that they're good at they're lacking in 10 other areas.
Appreciate 0