United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestHouse View Post
About your comment on Mojave and Chestnut interiors, what exterior color(s) did you (not your wife) think looked sharp with the Chestnut? Ditto Mojave?
Mojave is my favorite interior color. I think it goes well with every exterior color. It reminds me of an old belting leather briefcase I own.

Saw a Vermilion Red Metallic X3 with a Chestnut interior- awful contrast. Other than that exterior I think Chestnut goes well with all the exterior colors.

You asked about my opinion so I gave them. You make an obvious observation that men and women, and many times just different people have strong opinions about colors.

Blue Water Metallic is a total chick color in my opinion and crossed that off the list the minute I saw it. Vermilion Red Metallic isn't one I like much either.

Space Gray Metallic was the one exterior I liked that my wife didn't. My wife wanted a bright interior, so even though Mojave is the interior color we both like best she felt it would darken the car too much. The M sport comes with a black headliner and all the X3's have black dashboards. The sand beige with the black all around it go very well together in my and my wife 's opinions.

Carbon Black is the sharpest Black I've ever seen and one of the nicest colors I've ever seen on a vehicle. I'm very anal about keeping the vehicles clean, so I just didn't want to deal with the exterior high maintenance which that color requires.

The color combo that my wife and I decided on made the entire family happy.

Last edited by Bmwlvr60; 11-28-2012 at 09:26 PM..
Appreciate 0