View Single Post
      06-19-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
heverlee
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

still disappointed with the mpg

Now had my 2013 X3 28i for a month with 1100 miles on it with 80% local (5 miles one way trip, multiple times per day).

Although on highway 75mph I could get around 25 but the local mpg was really disappointing at 15.This is also confirmed with several tank of gas I refueled (chevron/shell |91|10% ehanol). I did try to drive gently with regular mode but still could not get better. Tried to correlate this with the short local commute which has about ~10 stop/start due to cross roads. But still gets frustrated seeing others easily getting ~20 on local.

Not trying to whine here but just feel a bit sour with the numbers. its a bit far from the spec.

The car drives great but I feel at low speed from start to 50mph the engine has to work hard to accelerate (harder than my other V6 toyota van). it gets peppy once reaches higher speed. wondering maybe I should get the new 328 instead.

Nothing feels wrong, so guess should not bother with dealer on the low mpg. would this still be due to the breakin? any thoughts?

thanks
Appreciate 0