08-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #26
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaSyrup View Post
I'm actually a big fan of the X6 and the way it looks. I also think the X4 will look cool when the camo comes off. That said, they do both remind me of the old B210 shape in the way they have a higher than usual center roof line that quickly drops off in the rear. It's what makes the model so unique. However, I think it's also what turns a lot of people off.

While I'm sure the X6 was intended to be a niche model, it's also not breaking any sales records either. I have to wonder how many niche models BMW can support before it stops making financial sense.
It's a stretch but I see your point about the roofline that drops. I find the Acura ZDX (and to a lesser extent the Honda Crosstour) a better comparison of the overall shape. I actually also quite like the ZDX.

Yes, the X6 is not a volume machine. The X4 should see higher volumes than X6 due to lower pricing; however compared to X3, it will be similar I think as X6 vs. X5 in terms of sales volume.

More people will go for "practical" over "style" every time. That's part of the reason I like the X6 and the X4, the styling is more unique and sportier/more aggressive, they are both more "upmarket" compared to their more traditional X counterparts, and less practical. That's part of the allure.

Ok then, no need to pass the crackpipe
Appreciate 0