lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

In red below
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
Obviously a biased audience but want to hear your thoughts. Wife deciding between X1 and X3. If we do the X3 we're going M sport 35i. A few questions:

- It seems an almost certainty given BMW's lifecycle refreshes that the 2014 will be changed. Dealer says they think the spy shots are bogus and 2014 will be the same (of course). Thoughts?

I expect any changes will be limited to colour options, refresh of front/rear facia, and a 2.0L diesel option.

- Any regrets on things you didnt get that you wish you did, or things you did get you wish you didnt?

rear camera @ $700 seemed like a rip off at the time considering they are included as standard equipment on Hyundai's now. I should have spent the money in retrospect... But really? A camera optional equipment on a $50-60k car????

- Lease vs finance - these X's seem to hold their value pretty well, making leases less attractive. Thoughts?

I used my line of credit which was cheaper and more flexible than the factory financing.

- Target price - looks like ~$500 above invoice is a fair target. So if MSRP is $55k roughly, and invoice is $51k, that should be about what I'm shooting for correct? Anyone have tips to get more? I have no team drive discount, USAA, college grad, or loyalty unfortunately so just leveraging holiday cash and whatever else I can come up with.

- Considered Q5, XC60-R, GLK - any regrets for those who chose the X3 over the competition?

no regrets what so ever on the purchase decision. I test drove all of the competition before buying my first bimmer... Drove my wife nuts but I didn't want to regret a purchase of this magnitude.

Anything else we should know?