Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
I'd like to check that as well.
I remember that I was told, you can "connect" a dvd player and then you would be able to play it through the Nav display; not just reading the normal DVD. That's what I understood. Does it make sense?
I'm not sure what you mean by "can connect a dvd player and then you would be able to play it through the Nav display." Do you mean connecting an actual dvd player that you bought yourself and hooking it up to the usb? If so that doesn't make much sense.

Quote:
I have a Nav Pro (Technology Pack) on the 28i. Is that different from the 35i or it is only the number of speakers?
I'm not sure if the Nav Pro/technology package is different in Canada but in the US the tech package lets you play DVDs, I've done it before. Also since the individual Nav option is the same thing as the one in the tech package I would think you could also play DVDs unless BMW decided to be pushy and force people to get the tech pack. Canada might be configured differently as the upgraded audio is separate from the tech pack, 16 is upgraded and 12 is standard I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRP View Post
says nothing on the US configuration site
Since there's no such thing as pro or business Nav in the US as there is only pro Nav, I would think that any of the options that let you upgrade to the Nav with the larger screen would play DVDs.
Appreciate 0