View Single Post
      08-10-2016, 07:56 PM   #66
atomic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x3 x-line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
Well, like it or not Halogens are considered as candles by many users in the UK. Some try to kid themselves that they are adequate. Well that is about all they are, but to be honest they are considered useless in country lanes in the UK and can be very tiring if you have to use them for any length of time. I made a mistake over 4 years ago and forgot to specify them on my F31 320d and regretted it for 2 years before selling it on. You only have to ask UK dealers what is asked for and you will find they are specified as adaptive Xenons by most users.

When I traded the F31 320d in for my 10 month old xDrive 30d MSport the first thing I asked the dealer was if it had Xenons and he said it is unusual not to have them on the X3.

In my view after driving for some years (see above Halogen candles on my F31 320d) the BMW adaptive Xenons are the most comfortable on the eyes and easiest systems to drive with. Once you have pressed the button and have the blue adaptive light on you can forget them and concentrate on driving. They are a great safety asset to the car.

From my understanding you cannot get Adaptive Xenons in the US. If you read the following thread, you will find they have to accept standard Xenons that do NOT swivel when you go round corners.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=929114

I have the adaptive Xexons and I live in US that feature is useless to me. All the roads where I live are well lit. And when I am rarely driving out of area the halogens I had on my X1 were quite adequate. I would opt for things like keyless entry, the nav system that lets you store music on it and leather seating...things that you will get use out of every day.
Appreciate 0