View Single Post
      09-16-2011, 02:59 PM   #15
MikeBimmer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

Pretty invasive fix! 'A' for effort

Okay, after the big fix, here's what the Technician entered on the service documentation. I have not verified it is actually not leaking myself. If I never reply to this thread, assume this is solved! Interestingly, the bad vapor barrier is on the same door as the bad window regulator (not only a friday car but an angry robot...)

Here's what the 'fix' entailed:
"Vapor barrier on door leaking WC tech water tested vehicles for 15 minutes and found no water leaking into car visibly. Tech then removed A pillar kick panel, tech removed B pillar upper and lower trim covering and trim molding along floor to observe for leaks. Tech water tested vehicle for ten minutes second time and found no water entering vehicle. Tech did not feel water on surface of carpet, tech removed passenger seat and pulled up passenger carpet and found carpet wet in vehicle and found vapor barrier at front bottom corner was leaking water into vehicle. Tech replaced vapor barrier on passenger front door and retested. Water leak no longer present, tech replaced clips on door panel for new seals. Tech dried out carpet over night, tech reinstalled passenger carpet, seat, a pillar kick panel, b pillar upper and lower trim covering. Tech reinstalled door panel. Test drove vehicle."
Appreciate 0