Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 N52T

Garage List
2015 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
New owner of xDrive28i - Three minor issues

Hi All,

I am a newbie in this forum and a first time BMW owner. After 4 months in dilemma (deciding between GLK, Q5, EX,and MDX) finally I traded in my Saab 9-3 and booked the 2012 X3 xDrive28i in Sep 2011 and got the vehicle delivered in Oct 2011. Now I have 1800 miles, no problems except for punctured pass-side front tire due to a nail, luckily I purchased the tire & wheel protection plan (must have if you drive in Boston or New York city) and it covered the cost. Also I got to test the run flat tire driving to the dealer.

Issue 1: The night before the flat tire incident I was hearing a strange sound from the dashboard, it sounds like the insect "cricket" some kind of static or radio reception sound..very tingling. I stopped the engine and also pressed the power button for 2 secs for complete shut off. But still the sound was coming, if I get out of the car I didn't hear the sound..it comes only on the dashboard. It's been a week and I am still hearing the sound on and off clearly even when the car is moving. The sounds stays for exactly 10-15 mins and then stops.

Issue 2: Delay in acceleration after pressing the gas pedal - but now I am used to sure foot approach after driving few hundred miles. I never tried Auto-H feature, need to try that. Problem with sure foot is at the stop light people think that I am trying to race them and they try to pull along with me.
Didn't expect the 28i engine will be quick enough for X3, sometimes I get pushed back to the seat and I don't regret for not buying 35i which I feel is way too overpowered.

Issue 3: Sound insulation for the doors/windows, I can hear my wife speaking to me outside car even when all the windows are closed and engine is running (i don't have panaromic moon roof ) & doors are shut. It never happened in my Saab (even when engine is shut-off), always I have to pull down the window to hear my wife (hopefully my wife was not shouting at me :P). I asked her speak again normally and I can hear her from the driver side. Does any else notice this or it's a manufacturing defect only in my car.
Appreciate 0