View Single Post
      07-07-2011, 04:28 AM   #20
Marspilot
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3

Garage List
2017 M240i  [0.00]
I had the same door noise and its resolved!!!!

I swear I thought I was going to go orbital over the very same door noises!!!!!! It was a super easy fix from my dealer. Apparently, there is a special Teflon tape strip modification that was designed originally for the 5 series sedans that fixed this problem for me immediately. Since there is a little tolerance gap with the window sill and frame etc, what I was hearing was flexing that took place at high or low rpm and sometimes almost sounded like rattle. I couldn't repeat if I drove over a bumpy road or speedbump.

Dealer put on the Teflon tape kit on each side. The tape runs along the whole door opening for both doors on both sides.
The car is spooky quiet now.
Let me know if you need a picture etc.

Hope this helps.

Marspilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole7374 View Post
I have 2, one that is insignificant and one that is annoying.

When I have the back cargo cover in place (and closed) it sounds like the plastic moves around a bit on certain kinds of bumps and it has a slight creek...when I open it up it mostly stops but every now and then it will still do it...if I remove the cargo cover it goes away...this one is no big deal as it's not constant.

The other though is annoying the sh*t out of me....it's the driver's side window. I do NOT have the issue of wind noise that others reported, but what I do have is what sounds like this very low level slight rattle of the glass...I've tracked it down to that. When the window is closed all the way it sounds like the glass it kinda rubbing against the plastic trim...its weird...when I push on the glass I can hear it too...it's very low volume but right at ear level so its right there. When I open the window past a certain point it goes away so I'm sure it's something to do with that. I have not taken it back to the dealer yet b/c I want to narrow the sound down enough that they don't say "we can't find it".

I'm guessing the fix may be either tightening the window (doubt they'll do that b/c they have to open up the door) or maybe putting some more foam up in where the window seals. we'll see....

Other than that it's tight as a drum.
Appreciate 0