Thread: Wrong Tire!
View Single Post
      03-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
GQX3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

Well GenX3 welcome to the BMW iDrive universe. I have Michelin run flats and at 5k miles picked up a screw on the rear driver side tire in the middle of the tread. The TPS indicated and displayed the correct tire location for low pressure. Drove the next day to the dealer, they recommended a performance tire shop for the repair, cost was $15 and they reset the TPS at 28psi. At 12k miles I did not check the tire pressure for two months, then took 300 mile trip, parked outside overnight in 48 degree weather, started to drive and the TPS activated and indicated again the same tire for low pressure, took it to the local tire performance shop in that city, just so happens his wife has a 5 series and was well familiar with the tires and BMW’s TPS, the tire pressure was at 28psi, he checked for leaks, none found, re-filled to 35 psi and it has held at every check since then 3k miles. In the April 2012 issue of Bimmer Magazine there is an excellent article on tires. It would certainly help you in your decision in buying tires as indicated in your previous post.
Appreciate 0