View Single Post
      12-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral

New X3 Cargo area dimensions?

Does anybody happen to know the dimensions of the cargo area?

I read the new X3 has a class leading 19 cu ft with seats up and 56.6 with seats down, but would like to know the width, height and depth so I can visualize what I can actually fit into the back. Whenever our local dealership gets one in, I'll try to go measure and post if nobody knows.

Also is 19 cubic feet with seats up correct? Please tell me this is wrong. That is basically1/3 less space than the total with the seats down, which seems a bit dissapointing for an SUV of this size. from the pictures it looks like it has more space than that, but can't tell.

Also if you compare this cargo space to a small compact suv such as the hyundai ix35/tucson which is supposed to have one of the smaller cargo capacities in it's segment. It has 25.7 cu ft with seats up and almost 56 with seats down, holds a full-size alloy spare wheel inside and is a smaller vehicle. I'm finding it hard to believe the X3 has less space in the back with seats up unless maybe it's somehow the way the volumes are calculated in each.

Also when I saw the demo model in person the rear cargo area seemed fairly decent, I don't remember thinking it was too small for my needs but will have to double check now after reading these numbers.

Last edited by Sabian; 12-07-2010 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 0