06-22-2011, 04:18 AM   #8
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by QooQoo View Post
According to the X Line Equipment Packages specification in page 60 of the BMW X3 booklet, it is explicitly stated the front and rear bumpers are in satinized aluminum !! The X Line package actually costed me US$2,000 extra in Hong Kong.

I won't settle with a silver-painted plastic, won't I ??
That's not what it says on the UK brochure or online

Quote:
Beautifully satinated Aluminium trim finishes the window recess covers and is integrated into the fairing under the doors. Titanium-look panels on the front bumper add unique character and, on the rear bumper, harmonise with the aluminium panels visible when the tailgate is raised. The door sills are in stainless steel and feature BMW lettering.
I wouldn't expect the actual bumper inserts to be metallic because the rest of the front bumper isn't metallic. It's plastic.

Agree with you that $2000USD is a lot however. xline costs about $800USD in the UK. That said, the plastic titanium-look front grilles cost $250USD here. No metal here either

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0