View Single Post
      07-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #141
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Yeah, the interior is certainly a mix of materials and textures. There is no one cleaner or method for it all, but I only use a few. I use 303 Aerospace Protectant for the vinyl and solid (opposed to clear) plastics. It gives a satin type finish, not a "greasy, glossy" look which I also hate. It also has terrific UV protection to keep the dash and upper door panels safe from drying, fading, cracking, and warping.

For the leather, I generally use a Meguire's leather cleaner/conditioner. It's a spray-on, wipe-off type. If that is used regularly there is little need for a stronger cleaner. This includes the leather on the steering wheel. It also leaves a nice finish and no greasy look or feel. Has a pleasant scent as well, but not overpowering.

For the clear plastic parts (gauge cover, iDrive screen, etc.) I use Plexus. But most often I simply wipe gently with a soft microfiber to remove dust.

I have Griot's Garage Interior Cleaner that is generally good for almost any interior surface, and I'll use that for the console, wood, interior metal, dash controls, etc. Just a spritz on a micro fiber cloth and gentle wiping.

Here's a tip for getting the dust out of your A/C vents and other crevices.... use a soft bristled paint brush (one that has never been used for painting of course). A natural hair variety is better than an artificial bristle such as nylon, as there is no danger it can scratch anything.

Interior glass gets Windex, just like the house. Exterior glass does not. Windex on the exterior of your glass will cause it to streak and splotch.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0