View Single Post
      08-30-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
Babbage
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

All dash warnings lights came on

My 2011 X3 35i has now been in the shop for 3 weeks.

I was at a stop light when most of the warning lights came on in the dash (parking brake on, ABS failure, 4x4 problem, tire pressure problem, other things related to braking/traction, ...).

The dealer said some module was defective, and was backordered. I had to wait two weeks. Then they got it, installed it, and said "No, the module was fine, it's the diagnostic controller that was faulty and falsely said the module was faulty."

Now that one has been replaced, but they said that when they tried to program it, the computer crashed.

Today the dealer says that the car doesn't start now, and the computer still isn't working. They have apparently turned the matter over to BMW headquarters by letting the programmers there remote access the car (I guess it's plugged into something at the shop).

Week four begins. And I've been given a Toyota Corolla as a replacement vehicle.

Anyway, still no guess as to when (if?) it will ever be fixed. It apparently needs to be completely reprogrammed.

PS: Anyone know if any Bluetooth updates have come out since March 2011? My Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP) was always a little flaky in that car.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

This is in Montreal, Canada.

Anyone have a similar experience? How was it resolved?
Appreciate 0