07-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
Horsey
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 35d MSport & 135i

SOS button

Tried the SOS button today...

A friend of mine passed out this afternoon after being hit over the head with a bottle yesterday.

Initially called 999 with my mobile, gave them my details and location and stuff, all repeated back to me ... Call too 5 mins then lost reception.

12 mins later no sign of ambulance or reception for that matter.

Went to the X3 and pressed the SOS button.

Your immediately asked which services you want and connected immediately. Car transmits location and shows you what it's doing.

Apart from the incompetency of the ambulance operator, the ambulance then arrived 2 mins later.

Interestingly you can't end the call from the car. Once the emergency services terminate the call, the BMW operator confirms that everything is ok and only then is the call ended.

I guess if I had used the SOS first and lost the connection the BWM operator would have taken over on my behalf...

Won't waste my time with my mobile next time, just press the SOS button!

Not sure what plan you need to be on but it's free for 3 years on a new car.
F25 X3 xDrive 35d M Sport Alpine White, Black Nevada Leather, Speed limit info, TV, Prof. Nav & Speakers, HUD, M Sport steering wheel, Sport gearbox, BMW Apps, Internet, VDC, Comfort with Powered boot, Hi-speed synch, VSS, Top View, Electric tow-bar, Heated steering, Storage, DAB, Heated electric seats, Moonroof, Adaptive High beam assist Xenons, Servotronic, Performance control, etc.
Appreciate 0