05-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #65
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgx3 View Post
My dealer says the SIB is for a transmission problem and has nothing to do with throttle lag. I've asked about software updates but they haven't gotten back to me yet. It's interesting how some owners report getting the software update and others are confronted with "what software update?" I'm hoping I'm in the first group.
Throttle movement and transmission are pretty much linked in the smooth timely movement of the vehicle. Dealer could tell me that the SIB was for a tail light, but if it fixed the lag problem, I'm good.

Mine is at the dealer as of yesterday. Funny thing happens everytime you go to the dealer for a fix. The drivers window which was really rattling a couple of days ago was almost quiet and the throttle response was good. But then on the off ramp; "the lag". I guess one out of two isn't bad!

I went to a new dealer and took a copy of the SIB. SA hadn't seen it and was going to give it to the shop foreman. I'm guessing that they're doing the update due to the length of time. Two days for just an oil change and a couple of little things would be quite long.
Appreciate 0