05-03-2011, 12:40 AM   #12
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrdriv View Post
My X3 35 was built one week before the 6NR was available. However I do have 6NF, Nav, smart phone int and the cradle. I saw the iphone 4 media adapter at dealer. They want $268 for the adapter (US). I never was interested in video, only in other uses for the iphone. Disappointed that you can't get text or email with apple. Does anyone know what I would gain by using the adapter rather than the USB other than charging and antena? I heard it will play music off iphone but it plays songs in alpha order even if they are not that way in your play list.
Thanks for your help.
The alpha order playback bug is specific to music that is transferred to the car's internal HDD. This doesn't happen when you play music using an external device like an iPhone.

There's no point getting a media adapter if you don't have 6NR IMO. All it gives you over a music adapter is artwork, and I wouldn't bother with a music adapter wither because using a white USB cable gives you more functionality wrt music playback. Spend the money for the media cable on an iPod and keep it in the car and use that for your music.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers

Last edited by sfax; 05-03-2011 at 12:41 AM.. Reason: for clarity
Appreciate 0