View Single Post
      05-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #58
smovva
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 2019 X5

Mine is a 5/2011 build and it has the white mpg letters (when headlights are on, and red when the lights are off) and it does not have the software upgrade (actually never seen the dealer since I bought it a year ago!). It does not have the message to fasten your seatbelt though so that message may genuinely be a sign of new software than what I have. I am scheduled to visit the dealer tomorrow for the upgrade so I will post back on any other changes I notice.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyu View Post
You should feel a large difference between pre-updated "normal mode" and post-updated "normal mode," "sport mode" is less noticeable imo. In the Motor Trend article they noticed a throttle lag when the X3 slows down then suddenly speeds up along with when suddenly accelerating from a stop. Since you said that you don't notice much of a difference then do you still experience the issues Motor Trend is describing?

A way that you can easily tell if they updated your software is by looking at the small screen between you speedo and tach, does it now say "mpg" in small, white letters by your red & blue mpg bar? Also, when you first turn on your car does it say in bold, red letters to fasten your seat belts?
Appreciate 0