View Single Post
      01-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #1157
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

@plob Very nice spec and can't fault your choice of trim and colour

Personally I wouldn't (and didn't) bother with adaptive and main beam assist. The former as I can't see when it would ever be useful if you already have xenons, the latter as they simply can't work well enough to be any use IMO, e.g. pedestrians, cyclists, cars in front of you but too far away to be detected

I would add x-line mostly for the window trims as they look more premium than without but also for the BMW door sills and boot loading trim. Front and back bumpers are subjective

Consider electric seats with memory if you have a partner who will be driving it too. I have them and they are godsend - and look very cool when automatically moving into position

HUD looks cool but it gets some negative feedback because of the lack of customisation and because you get nav directions in the dash anyway which is sufficient. Get it if you can afford it though as it will impress!

If you have an iPhone then definitely get BMW Apps, more for future proofing than anything else. It has huge potential

I use the split folding rear seats a lot and would recommend adding them if they aren't standard on the 30d

I would debadge too if a had a 30d for cleaning and wolf in sheep's clothing reasons...

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0